Recipe by Miss Erin C.
I love me some Isaac, this is from his site: Indulge Yourself with Comfort Food Isaac Mizrahi, our favourite designer/entertainer/man-about-town, hit the mother lode of macaroni & cheese recipes while visiting the kitchen of Eileen Weinberg's Good And Plenty To Go restaurant. There, he and Eileen went through the steps of concocting the most delicious, decadent and cheesiest of creations. Bechamel and Muenster and cheddar, oh my! With "comfort food" all the rage, and PMS always raging, macaroni and cheese is the ultimate security blanket.
Top Review by hollyfrolly
Ok- I cannot WAIT to try this!!!! Isaac is phenominal as is the blessed mac and cheese..... I'll keep ya posted. (Tomorrow, probably!) **Update---- Yum, yum and yum again! This dish is sooo rich and creamy- easy to prepare and everyone loved it! I used small shells, slightly undercooked with white cheddar cheese in addition to the muenster. So delish! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb macaroni (cooked)
- 2 cups yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 cups muenster cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the milk and cream together to a boil.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- When melted, add all the flour, stirring constantly.
- Let cook for 4 to 5 minutes, continuing to stir.
- Remove from heat, and add warm milk and cream while whisking-- if sauce is too thick, add a touch more milk.
- Add cheese to white sauce and stir.
- (Save a bit of cheese for the topping.) Stir sauce into macaroni and place in a buttered casserole dish.
- Place in 350-degree oven until slightly brown and bubbly on top-- 25 to 30 minutes.