Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this recipe for a BBQ and was told that it was "fabulous". So I thought I'd share.
- 12 ounces macaroni
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Cook macaroni as usual.
- Chop onion and garlic.
- Melt 2tbs butter or margarine in skillet.
- Add chopped onion and garlic.
- Sautee until fragrant.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix remaining ingredients (nil last tbs of butter and breadcrumbs).
- Add onion and garlic and melted butter.
- Melt last tablespoon of butter in microwave.
- In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs with butter and an extra sprinkle of paprika.
- Set aside.
- Drain macaroni and add to the same large bowl with the ingredients.
- Stir until cheese is melted or almost melted.
- Pour in to lightly greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over top of casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool a little before serving.