Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very easy macaroni and cheese recipe that I got out of an old southern cookbook.
- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook Macaroni and drain.
- Mix Macaroni, soup, butter, salt and pepper.
- Layer mixture and grated cheese.
- Put in oven at 400 degrees until it's bubbly and the cheese has melted.
Loved it! It was quick and easy and tasted much better than the box kind!
I was expecting a little more flavor.
Yum! This was quick and very easy. Baked in a 2-qt casserole for 25 minutes. I left out the salt because the cheese soup was already salty so it balanced out. Also used a little less black pepper. Thanks for the great recipe!