- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 5 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 cups cheese (I use 3 cups sharp cheddar and 1 cup swiss] 1/4 tsp pepper 1/4 tsp nutmeg 1/4 tsp red pepper 2 tsp s)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan cook butter and flour together, about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings, plus 2 tsps salt.
- Remove from heat and add one pound, cooked and drained macaroni.
- Pour into greased 9x13 glass baking pan.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.