1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cheese
I recently found this recipe but made some changes to it. This is a real good mac n cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni al dente and drain.
- 2Heat oven to 350.
- 3In a bowl or pan, mix together dry milk, flour, and butter.
- 4Slowly add boiling water while whisking.
- 5I use water strained from the pasta.
- 6Whisk until thickened.
- 7You may need to return to stove to get this to thicken.
- 8Add half of the cheese and stir until blended.
- 9Add cheese sauce to macaroni and pour into baking dish.
- 10Stir 1 cup of cheese into the macaroni along with salt and pepper.
- 11Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- 12Uncover and sprinkle last 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- 13Return to oven and bake 5 more mintes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1210.5
- Calories from Fat 623
- Total Fat 69.3 g
- Saturated Fat 43.3 g
- Cholesterol 210.0 mg
- Sodium 1182.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 58.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper