I recently found this recipe but made some changes to it. This is a real good mac n cheese.
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Cook macaroni al dente and drain.
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a bowl or pan, mix together dry milk, flour, and butter.
- Slowly add boiling water while whisking.
- I use water strained from the pasta.
- Whisk until thickened.
- You may need to return to stove to get this to thicken.
- Add half of the cheese and stir until blended.
- Add cheese sauce to macaroni and pour into baking dish.
- Stir 1 cup of cheese into the macaroni along with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle last 1/2 cup of cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake 5 more mintes.