This is my MIL recipe she has made it for years. It is delicious. The elbow macaroni measurement is for 1--16 ounce box dry. I can't respond to zmail because of a previous issue.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan cook butter, salt, pepper and flour and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat add milk, return to heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stir until melted.
- Pour over elbows, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.