Recipe by Cristi Hinten
We all have a hundred macaroni and cheese recipes. This one might be worth trying! If using homemade breadcrumbs, use 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted, more for buttering dishes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb white cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter 4 14oz ovenproof dishes. In a small bowl, toss melted butter, breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook macaroni according to package; drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring milk to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; add cream cheese cut into cubes; stir until melted, about 2 minutes. Gradually stir in the remaining cheddar until melted, about 5 minutes. Add cooked pasta, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Divide the mixture among prepared dishes. Bake until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes more.