Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The starter of our family favorite cheese macaroni.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Prepare Mueller's elbows as directed on box and drain.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- In medium saucepan combine cornstarch, salt, dry mustard and pepper; stir in milk.
- Add butter.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 3/4 cups cheese until melted.
- Add elbows.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned.