Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My grandma's recipe, I haven't made it in years and after reading it through, will definitely have to make it this weekend.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham
- 1 -2 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Pour into a casserole dish (I think the one I use is 2 quarts) and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
This is delicious. I used 12 ounces of macaroni and added 1 cup on frozen peas with carrots. This made a hearty main course served with a tossed salad.
I found this recipe to be very good! I made some alterations to it, but my roommate looks forward to me making it again!