Recipe by Sara 76
I came up with this to use up leftover ham and cream from Christmas! It's a delicious, filling dish!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this one for a home-bound neighbor couple for whom I often cook & bake, & they do love mac & cheese almost any ol' way I make it! This time I made it as two casseroles, one large (for them) & one small (for the 2 of us, so I could do my usual taste testing)! Followed your recipe right on down, using some thick-sliced ham that I usually have on hand for topping (with pineapple) on cheese pizzas, & that worked great! Can't remember the last time I used diced tomatoes in a mac & cheese, but it definitely was very tasty & satisfying! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 500 g macaroni
- 4 eggs
- 500 ml cream
- 500 g cheese, low-fat shredded
- 1 (440 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 500 g cheese, low-fat shredded, extra (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in a large bowl.
- Add cooked macaroni, cheese, tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and ham.
- Pour into a large baking dish.
- Top with the optional extra cheese if you wish.
- Bake at 180 Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.