Recipe by Aroostook
Re: The title. Just a little joke with so many recipes out there =). The grand kids like this so much better than the commercial version. It is an excellent freezer recipe. We always keep extra in zip lock bags as backup for the kids or as a side dish for a meal.
Top Review by BABYBOP
I liked that it was all made on top of the stove and I did not have to bake it. I am only giving it 3 stars because I thought it was just too bland. I followed instructions to a tee. Will add some velveeta cheese to add more flavor to present batch. I will make again, and add more flavorable cheese.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese or 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 lbs macaroni (pasta of choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni, rinse and drain.
- Melt butter in heavy bottomed 2 quart sauce pan.
- Add flour,S& P, whisk in and cook until bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Cook until it starts to thicken.
- Add cheeses and mustard and cook until thick.
- Pour sauce over macaroni,stir, heat and serve.
- Freeze any leftovers.
- When thawed, reheat adding extra liquid (water or milk) until it is the consistancy you like.