- 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 gallon milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese, crumbles (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, diced (about 3 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the elbow macaroni in a stockpot of boiling water with the salt. Cook the macaroni until limp, not al dente. Drain the macaroni well and pour it into a large rectangular baking dish.
- In a heavy saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to make a roux, bringing to a light simmer, being careful not to scorch the flour.
- Heat the milk in another heavy-bottom pan over medium heat and add the roux, cooking out the roux to make a thickened sauce.
- Add the cayenne, white pepper, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, and velveeta. Blend well and pour over the macaroni and mix well.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes in the oven.