Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another version of a classic family favorite!
Make and share this Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the elbow macaroni in a stockpot of boiling water with the salt. Cook the macaroni until limp, not al dente. Drain the macaroni well and pour it into a large rectangular baking dish.
- In a heavy saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to make a roux, bringing to a light simmer, being careful not to scorch the flour.
- Heat the milk in another heavy-bottom pan over medium heat and add the roux, cooking out the roux to make a thickened sauce.
- Add the cayenne, white pepper, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, and velveeta. Blend well and pour over the macaroni and mix well.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes in the oven.
What a great mac-n-cheese! Just love the zip from all that cayenne and white pepper. I made half of the recipe and it still made a LOT! Great comfort food - thanks for sharing this recipe!
Made this for both the 2 of us & for a neighbor couple who, for some reason or other, really enjoy the varieties of mac & cheese that I often make for them, & this recipe was a big hit with all of us! I wasn't sure how well I'd like the cayenne in it, but it worked, & the combo of cheeses was very nice, too! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders]
I considered it an act of humanity just to have had to share this with my family. I used spaghetti, making me think about my 10 reasons why I love Recipezaar. Reason #4 I truly resist the temptation to alter a recipe. Sometimes even small changes could cause catastrophic results, but sometimes it leads to a most incredible and surprise of a dish.