1/2 Photos of Macaroni and Cheese
This is another version of a classic family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cook the elbow macaroni in a stockpot of boiling water with the salt. Cook the macaroni until limp, not al dente. Drain the macaroni well and pour it into a large rectangular baking dish.
- 3In a heavy saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to make a roux, bringing to a light simmer, being careful not to scorch the flour.
- 4Heat the milk in another heavy-bottom pan over medium heat and add the roux, cooking out the roux to make a thickened sauce.
- 5Add the cayenne, white pepper, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, and velveeta. Blend well and pour over the macaroni and mix well.
- 6Cook for 5 to 10 minutes in the oven.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 932.0
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 2122.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 39.0 g