Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is AWSUME comfort food and the EASIEST Mac and cheese EVER! It's so claasic and even BETTER cold.
- 8 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs medium cheddar, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 (5 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch salt
- white pepper
- Bring macaroni to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes fewer than manufacturer's directions.
- Drain and toss with butter to melt.
- Combine macaroni with the rest of ingredients and pour into a 9x13 prepared baking pan.
- cover with foil and bake on middle rack at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Made this as directed flavor was good however it was a little dry. We prefer creamier Mac and Cheese.
I found the mac & cheese to be dry. Next time I won't keep it in the oven as long. It definitely was quick compared to the way I used to make it. I will most likely try it again and lessen the cooking time.
Sorry, I felt there was just too much cheese in this casserole. The taste was good. Thanks for posting.