- 1 lb pasta, such as wagon wheels, shells, macaroni, etc
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta until slightly soft, but still firm, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan, add flour and dry mustard and whisk until tan.
- Reduce heat to medium, add milk, onion and paprika, stir constantly until just boiling and thickened, remove from heat, temper beaten egg and mix into sauce, stir in cheese, reserving 1/2 cup to top.
- Pour into greased baking dish, top with reserved cheese.
- Bake until golden and bubbly.