Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup Velveeta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup shredded yellow mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Bring water to a boil in a pot with salt to taste.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the macaroni and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When the noodles are cooked drain but do not rinse.
- In a pan over low heat combine the Velveeta cheese, shredded cheddar and the milk to make the cheese sauce.
- Cook the cheeses until they are melted; add the salt.
- Add the cooked noodles and mix through.
- Place in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- You may want to broil the top to brown it.
This was just OK for us. I followed the recipe exactly as written but I don't think my family liked the mixture of velveeta and cheddar. I also added more salt and pepper.