Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple mac and cheese recipe that never fails to please. Not too dry, just right. You can tweak it with cayenne or anything else to make it "your own". The only thing that's a must is Velveeta cheese.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 -10 ounces cubed Velveeta cheese (or more)
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or 8 ounces short pasta, cooked
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan and gradually add the flour. Stir well on low heat. Gradually add the milk and blend well. Cook and stir until it simmers and thickens. Add the Velveeta cheese. Stir till melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix.
- Pour into casserole and bake at 350 till golden.
On 10/15/10 I was looking for a Mac & Cheese recipe that used the items that were on hand. I came across this one and decided to try it. And I'm so glad I did :). Except for using a different pasta, the recipe was made as it was written.To get the " Golden Color " that I wanted, this was baked at 35 minutes.And who needs to add any " extras ", this was great as it was.Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "