Recipe by Tabbiann82
This is a cheesier version of a family favorite. In our family, sometimes we will cut up Spam or hot dogs to place in the macaroni as well. This is my daughter's favorite and an old recipe that my grandmother gave me.
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 6 slices American cheese (yellow or white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in salted water until tender then drain and rinse.
- Combine butter, flour, salt, pepper, and milk in medium saucepan.
- Cook until thickened (stirring constantly).
- Add cheese (slice by slice) and continue to cook until all cheese is melted and sauce is starting to thicken.
- Pour cheese mixture over noodles and serve. (mixture will continue to thicken if let to stand).