Recipe by ForeverVQ
This is the best Mac and Cheese recipe. I think it came from a very old cookbook that my mom had once upon a time. I just remember the recipe because I make it so often! The best comfort food!
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄4 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream soup (I use mushroom)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 -5 cups old cheddar cheese
- 3 -4 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In small saucepan, sauté celery, onion and garlic in butter.
- Add cream soup and milk, stir until hot.
- Stir in cheese until melted and you have a nice creamy cheese mixture.
- Add cheese mixture to cooked macaroni, blend together well,put in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake, uncovered for 15-20 minutes.