1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cheese
A family favorite that on busy days I cook completely in the microwave. On days that I have more time I may finish by baking in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in 1 quart glass measure on full power for 45 seconds.
- 2Stir in flour, salt, and pepper to make a paste.
- 3Slowly whisk milk into measure and cook on power level 8 for 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Stir several times as it thickens.
- 4Mix in cheese and stir until melted.
- 5Mix the cheese sauce and macaroni together in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 6Top with bread crumbs and paprika.
- 7Cook on full power for 3 minutes or until bubbling.
- 8If you would like you could bake in the oven on 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 428.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 13.4 g