Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sooo good! There's nothing like a nice ooey gooey batch of macaroni and cheese. I tend to add different cheeses every time I make it, so feel free to alter to your liking.
- cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. When melted, add flour stirring constantly. Remove from heat while adding milk, continue stirring and when added return to heat. Continue stirring until slightly thickened. Add cheeses and stir until melted and thick.
- Pour cheese mixture over macaroni in lightly greased 11x13 pan.
- Mix bread crumbs with melted butter and scatter over cheese and macaroni.
- Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 until top is golgen brown.
It was delicious. My husband loves mac and cheese and he really liked this recipe. I used cheddar and monteray jack cheeses. I used skim milk with a little fat-free half and half to enrich it a little and added some cayenne pepper. I will make this again.