Recipe by jmartis441
Home made and delicious, kids will love it. Can sub fat free for those on diets.
- 4 cups macaroni (sub wheat macaroni)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (sub fat free)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 cups milk (sub fat free)
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed (sub reduced fat)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (sub fat free)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan melt butter.
- Stir in flour, dry mustard and salt.
- Blend in milk.
- Cook and stir constantly until thickened.
- Add cubed Velveeta and stir until it melts.
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- Put macaroni back in pot and add sauce.
- Add shredded cheddar and stir.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Put in a greased dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400°F for about 1 hour.
- This will freeze well and is great for Lent.