Recipe by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can make this as mild or as spicy as you want it. Chipotle peppers in adobo come in cans and are very, very hot. I like to transfer mine to a GladWare container and keep them in the fridge after I've opened the can. The sauce the peppers are packed in should go into the mac and cheese, too.
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 -3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 chipotle chiles in adobo, diced
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese or 1 -2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions and drain. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Meanwhile, cook the diced onion over low heat in the olive oil until just transparent. Add the flour and stir to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Dijon mustard and the chipotles and a bit of the adobo sauce and then remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the milk and return the pan to the stove. Heat until just boiling and then remove pan once again to stir in the cheese.
- Combine the cooked, drained pasta and the sauce in a casserole and bake, uncovered for about 30 minutes or until bubbling.