Recipe by sheri77
I was looking for a quickie lunch today and this is what i found on the back of a macaroni box. i must say, i was really impressed. I will definately be making this often! It's actually EASIER than kraft dinner!
Top Review by AprilShowers
Very easy. I too used sharp cheddar as that's all we ever have on hand. I cut the recipe in half, although I didn't measure the macaroni and ended up with more sauce than I should have for the amount of noodles I cooked. So it was extra saucy, but still very good! Quick and easy dinner. Thanks!
- 3 cups macaroni noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups warm 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook 3-4 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Add salt.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Pour over cooked macaroni. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.