Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 lb mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb cooked macaroni
- Melt butter. Add flour to make a roux. Add milk (depending on thickness, may need to add a little extra milk). Stir until thickened.
- Add cheese, blending well. Add wine, garlic powerder, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add cooked macaroni.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
I swear, I have a neighbor couple I cook for from time to time, & if they had their way, they'd be eating mac & cheese all the time! So, I'm always happy to find a new way to do it for them, & that includes this recipe, what with the white wine & garlic! It was much enjoyed, & we thank you for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]