Recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
This a great mac and cheese recipe.
Top Review by mydesigirl
This was just OK for us. I used Rotini pasta since I'm not a fan of elbow macaroni. The sauce was really thin except for the parts that I stashed the cubed cheese.Also, the noodles around the edge of the pan were really hard from the oven. Not like any mac and cheese I've ever had.
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk, plus
- 4 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, in chunks
- extra cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni for 7 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour.
- When butter and flour form a paste, add milk and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- When cheese is melted, combine noodles and cheese mixture in a casserole dish.
- Arrange cheese chunks into macaroni mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered in 350° oven for 1 hour.