1/1 Photo of Macaroni and Cauliflower
Cheesy macaroni is the comfort food and it tastes even better when it's made with cauliflower and bacon! Try it! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente, adding the cauliflower in the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to the saucepan.
- 3In small frying pan cook the bacon until crispy and add to the pasta-cauliflower mix.
- 4In a small saucepan heat oil add flour cook until start to bubble add mustard, cook for 1min. Don't let it brown.
- 5Add milk, salt and stir well. Bring to the boil and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- 6Add 1 cup grated cheese and turn of the heat.
- 7Stir cheese sauce and macaroni mix together. Pour into large baking dish. Taste if it needs more seasoning. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 8Bake for 12 min or until golden brown.
- 9Just before serving sprinkle with fresh chive or parsley.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (2055 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.1
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 1310.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 39.2 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 51.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard