Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a refreshingly light starter from the Young Times magazine. Bon Appetit!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 4 -5 medium broccoli florets
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in plenty of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and rinse through with cold water.
- Set aside.
- Wash the broccoli and blanch in slightly salted water for half a minute.
- Wash, halve and de-seed capsicum.
- Chop finely.
- Wash, peel and finely chop the tomatoes.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add cornstarch.
- As it begins to bubble, add milk in a slow trickle.
- Stir continuously.
- Cook on low heat till a smooth sauce is ready.
- Add macaroni, broccoli, capsicum, tomatoes, ketchup, salt and white pepper powder to taste.
- Serve garnished with grated cheese.