Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a Book of Pasta. It specilizes in pasta. And, this is one of the baked pasta that I ought to try. So, why not have a go too?
- 4 cups dried macaroni
- 3 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 by 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook the macaroni in plenty of salted boiling water according to the instructions on the package, or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a water bowl and set aside until required.
- In another pan, bring the milk to a boil and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 5 minutes, whisking continously. Be careful not to let the mixture brown.
- Remove from the heat and whisk the hot milk into the butter and flour mixture. When smoothly blended, return to medium heat and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, whicsking constantly until sauce is smoot and thick. Add the salt.
- Add the sauce to the macaroni. Ad the three-quarters of the crumbled blue cheese and stir well. Transfer the macaroni mixture to the prepared baking dish and spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the surface. Bake for 25 minutes, until bubbling hot.
- If desired, lightly brown top of the macaroni and cheese under a preheated broiler for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot, sprinkled with ground black pepper to taste.