1/3 Photos of Macaroni and Blue Cheese
Very rich taste and unique twist on an old favorite. Goes quite well served with a grilled steak or chicken breast. A wonderful recipe given to me by my dear friend (and great cook) Amy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350* and butter 13x9 glass baking dish.
- 2Cook pasta (about 8 min) and drain.
- 3Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium to low heat, then add flour and cook 1 minute stirring constantly (do not allow to brown).
- 4Gradually whisk in cream and milk and simmer until mixture thickens slightly, whisking occasionally (about 3 minutes).
- 5Reduce heat to low and add grated cheddar cheese and only 1 cup blue cheese.
- 6Whisk about 2 minutes or when cheese starts to melt, then flavor with salt and pepper.
- 7Add cooked pasta to sauce, stirring to coat, and transfer mixture to 13x9 dish.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup blue cheese and bake about 25 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble.
- 9Sprinkle with chives and serve- enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1301.1
- Calories from Fat 685
- Total Fat 76.1 g
- Saturated Fat 47.2 g
- Cholesterol 235.9 mg
- Sodium 1389.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 52.8 g