Recipe by SmHerndon
Very rich taste and unique twist on an old favorite. Goes quite well served with a grilled steak or chicken breast. A wonderful recipe given to me by my dear friend (and great cook) Amy.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives, to taste
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350* and butter 13x9 glass baking dish.
- Cook pasta (about 8 min) and drain.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium to low heat, then add flour and cook 1 minute stirring constantly (do not allow to brown).
- Gradually whisk in cream and milk and simmer until mixture thickens slightly, whisking occasionally (about 3 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and add grated cheddar cheese and only 1 cup blue cheese.
- Whisk about 2 minutes or when cheese starts to melt, then flavor with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce, stirring to coat, and transfer mixture to 13x9 dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup blue cheese and bake about 25 minutes or until sauce begins to bubble.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve- enjoy!