Recipe by *Parsley*
A kinda "grown-up" mac and cheese that many kids like, too.
Top Review by ellie_
This was good and very easy - also very quick! I think I like the oven-baked mac n' cheese better but this is good for when I don't feel like taking the extra time to make the oven - casserole type or don't feel like heating up the oven and really want mac n' cheese. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4-1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (reduced fat is OK)
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- milk, extra, if necessary to thin sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni noodles in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat combine butter, salt, pepper, paprika and bell peppers, and onion. Simmer until peppers and onions are soft.
- Stir in cream, flour, sour cream, bleu cheese and Parmesan cheese; cook, stirring often, until smooth.
- Add milk, by tbsps, if desired for a thinner sauce.
- Pour the hot cheese mixture over the hot cooked macaroni and toss to coat.