Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of those dishes that kids and adults both enjoy. It's a quick and easy recipe that my youngest son often asks for.
- 7 1⁄2 ounces macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare macaroni dinner as directed on package, omitting the butter.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in a large nonstick skillet at medium-high heat; then drain. Add tomatoes and oregano; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Add meat mixture to the prepared macaroni dinner. Spoon into 2-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the casserole is heated through.
This was excellent and easy. and what a way to use that awful boxed mac and cheese Thanks
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. I made exactly as written and it turned out cheesy and delicious. Thank you.
I just recently found out that I liked macaroni and cheese with stewed tomatoes, and I have always loved macaroni and cheese with ground beef. I just knew that I was going to really enjoy this recipe. I used regular stewed tomatoes (lightly sweetened) and left out the oregano. I also used the new 12 oz. Kraft Homestyle Macaroni and Cheese which turned out to be much creamier. Sooooooooo good! :) Made for May 2010 Aus/NZ Swap.