Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another quick and easy weekday meal. The recipe calls for milk, but is not always needed. I find it depends on the type of noodles used.
- 3 cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable cocktail
- bacon, sliced, raw
- milk (if necessary)
- Cook noodles as directed on package, drain.
- Add shredded cheese to cooked noodles while still hot and mix together.
- Add v8.
- Add enough milk so there is juice on the bottom of casserole dish, enough that it doesn’t dry out, so the milk may not be necessary.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover casserole with uncooked bacon slices.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to an hour. Bacon needs to be cooked on top.
This is so easy to make ans tasty too!! Made as is and added a little less than 1/4 cup of milk; not sure that it would have needed it, but just to make it a little creamy. At the end I switched to the broiler to crisp up the bacon a little. Made for Everyday Holiday.