Recipe by sandagrant
Best microwave macaroni in the world!!!!
Top Review by Julie F
This is so easy. My kids always want macaroni and cheese, and I don't always have a box on hand. It does taste and look better, and doesn't take long at all. It would make two small servings - good for young kids, but if you have two hungry people eating it, they would probably not be filled up.
- 1 cup hot tap water
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp American cheese (2 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 1-quart casserole combine water, macaroni, and salt. Micro-cook, uncovered, till macaroni is tender, 7 to 8 minutes, stirring twice.
- In same casserole micro-cook onion in butter till tender, about 1 ½ minutes.
- Blend in flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper. Stir in milk and Worcestershire. Micro-cook, uncovered, till thickened and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in cheese unill melted.
- Stir in macaroni. Micro-cook, uncovered, till bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring once or twice.