Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Macaroni 3 Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
- Heat oven to 180°C (350°F) degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour to form a paste.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Bring to a simmer, constantly stirring over low heat, until sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with salt, pepper and the hot sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups of the tasty cheddar cheese until blended.
- Butter a 4-quart baking dish.
- Layer pasta, remaining tasty cheddar and mild cheese, and sauce.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan.
- Bake 30 minutes until bubbly and golden.
Thumbs up from the whole family! I used some Velveeta cheese also (mixed in the sauce mixture) and some shredded swiss in between the layers also. It was very good.
I have made this numerous times. Absolutely the BEST mac and cheese recipe in the world in my humble opinion. It is also the only mac and cheese I will ever make again and again and again!!!
Easy, tasty, and the hot sauce adds just the right kick! I will be passing this one on to friends!! ty