Recipe by Elmotoo
Another tasty recipe found at Syrian Cooking and submitted by Ghinwa Alameen. I shudder to think how much yogurt I need to make enough of this for my family, lol. NOTE! Syrian yogurt is thicker than western yogurts. Try either Greek yogurt draining your yogurt for awhile. Cooking time is for the pasta.
- 1⁄2 lb thin spaghetti or 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta or 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb full fat plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon ghee (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed in a mortar & pestle
- 1 pinch paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil spaghetti until al dente, drain very well & cooled a bit just so it is not hot when added to the yogurt.
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt with garlic & salt. Mix well & garnish with paprika. You can also heat ghee & pour it over the top. (I wonder if a splash of extra virgin olive oil might be a nice alternative?).