Recipe by Courtly
These cookies are absolutely delicious! I lost the recipe once, so now I'm posting it on here so I don't lose it ever again! You won't be sorry that you made these! Plan ahead, the dough needs to chill. Chill time not included in cook time. Oh and the yield is sort of a guess. Because I didn't count how many it made.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I made these cookies as one of my picks for the Cookie Bake Off of 2005. They taste wonderful! I had some problems with the baking though. I'm not sure that they need to chill ~ I think they would work just as well if made as a drop cookie. I ended up baking them for at least 11 minutes at 350º. They also need to stay on the cookie pans longer than 1 minute ~ almost until they are cooled completely or they will fall apart. Like I said at the top, they taste great! I wanted to give 5* for taste and 3* for baking problems so I averaged it out to 4*. I will be making them again. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat well. Stir in macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Chill for 1-2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°F Shape cookies into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet, bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly brown on top. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheets to wire rack. Cool and serve! Or heat warm!