Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Better Homes and Gardens, Special Interest Publications, Diabetic Living, Spring 2005. This salad, atop a slice of cucumber, makes a nice canape. Good use of leftover turkey!
- 1⁄2 cup cooked turkey, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, low-fat
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced (or chives)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (or 1/8 tsp. powdered ginger)
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped (or cashews)
- 1 -2 English cucumber, cut into 24 1/4-inch thick slices
- In a small bowl, combine turkey, apple, mayonnaise, chutney, scallions, and ginger.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Before serving, stir half of the nuts into the turkey mixture.
- To serve, spoon a little turkey mixture into each cucumber slice. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.