Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe is originally from the Australian Macadamia Society. Posted for Australia - ZWT #5.
- 9 ounces butter, softened to room temperature (250 g)
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 cups macadamia halves
- 6 tablespoons warmed apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon extra caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 C).
- Grease a 11 x 8 x 2 inch pan (30cmx20cm x 3-4cm)and line the base with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in flour and half the macadamias, mixing well to make quite a stiff mixture.
- Using a spatula spread half the cake mixture over the pan base.
- Spoon the preserves over that.
- Spread remaining cake mixture over the conserve to reach pan sides.
- Sprinkle with remaining macadamias and extra sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cover with baking paper if macadamias brown too much.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into small squares.