Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple variation from the traditonal raw brownies. Healthy, easy to prepare and yummy.
- Blend dates and macadamia nuts separatley in the food procesor.
- Blend the macadamia nuts first.
- Pulverize part of the macadamia nuts and leave aside a Tablespoon for sprinkling.
- Make the date paste very smooth and leave the macadamia powder with some chunks.
- In a bowl, mix everthing until well integrated.
- Make squares, stars or little balls. Sprinkle the macadamia powder on your figures to give the powdered sugar look.
- You can refrigerate or enjoy in the moment.
These were okay. I can't decide if I just don't like the taste of raw macadamia nuts (love them roasted) or the nuts were stale. I did blend everything together in the food processor instead of doing it separately. I was too busy to do it that way, and they turned out fine.
Sounds good, will give it a try, I've only ever made them with walnuts. But I do think you want PITTED dates, meaning that the pits have been removed. UN pitted means not pitted. Trust me, if one of those pits gets into the blades of the food processor, you're in for a world of trouble