Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love macadamia nuts and pineapple! So I had to share this recipe! So simple compared to other cakes with mac nuts and pineapple. Source: Houston Chronicle, November 1, 1979
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained, heated
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Using a fork mix together nuts, drained pineapple tidbits, baking soda and salt.
- Add shortening and heated crushed pineapple.
- Mix well.
- Beat eggs; beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in flour.
- Add pineapple mixture and stir just until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn onto rack.
- Serve warm or cold.