Recipe by Missy Wombat
A raw food vegan recipe which I have posted for interest's sake. I have never tried it.
Top Review by mliss29
This was easy to make and tastes good! I'll have to get a raw dehydrator cracker or bread recipe to do justice to serving it. lol. Maybe add some herbs for that. It has the appearance of ricotta and I think it would be good in a raw veggie lasagna. I will try it without the salt and maybe with some dates added. I think that would be good in a raw fruit pie. Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.
- 2 cups macadamia nuts, soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 2 cups filtered water (or rejuvelac)
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup pine nuts, soaked for 8 hours and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Place macadamia nuts, Rejuvelac or filtered water, salt, and lemon.
- juice in blender and blend until smooth.
- Add pine nuts and blend until smooth.
- Place in a dish in dehydrator and dehydrate for 6-8 hours until it resembles cream cheese or ricotta cheese.
- Stir several times during dehydration, as a crust will form on top.