Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Mr. Food
- 1 folded refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Unfold the pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate or tart pan, pressing the crust firmly into the pan.
- Trim the edges and flute, if desired.
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn syrup, butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt over medium heat, stirring until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the macadamia nuts then pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm.
- Serve warm, or allow to cool before slicing and serving.
Yum. Apart from making the pastry base (310g flour, 200g butter and 95g icing sugar) I followed the recipe to the letter and it was seriously good. I left some of the macadamia pieces quite large which was not a good idea as it did not cut cleanly.
i love mr. food's recipes and this is one of his best. rich, gooey and easy, too. thanks for posting this delicious recipe, you saved me the trouble. my family likes this better than pecan pie, try the pie and you will see why!