Recipe by Mercy
From Mr. Food
Top Review by Chef @Oz
Yum. Apart from making the pastry base (310g flour, 200g butter and 95g icing sugar) I followed the recipe to the letter and it was seriously good. I left some of the macadamia pieces quite large which was not a good idea as it did not cut cleanly.
- 1 folded refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Unfold the pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie plate or tart pan, pressing the crust firmly into the pan.
- Trim the edges and flute, if desired.
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn syrup, butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt over medium heat, stirring until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the macadamia nuts then pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm.
- Serve warm, or allow to cool before slicing and serving.