Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a real treat for the eyes and the tastebuds. The pears show through the batter and this gives the tart an elegant appearence
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus 1 tsp
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (, you can use other nuts as long as they are peeled & Toasted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bartlett pears, , peeled,halved and cored
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Butter a 9 1/2" round ceramic tart or quiche pan.
- Combine flour 1/2 cup sugar,nuts, baking powder& salt.
- Stir milk, egg& vanilla until blended.
- Add to flour mixture& stir until smooth.
- Place each pear half, cut side down on a cutting board.
- Cut crosswise into 1/4" slices.
- Keep it in it's original shape and, using a spatula, place it in the buttered pan with the stem end facing toward the center.
- Repeat with remaining pears.
- Press pear halves to fan them slightly toward the center Pour batter over the pears, sprinkle tops with 1 tsp sugar.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, serve cold.