Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this on the Betty Crocker web site and they just sound so good that I had to put them here for safe keeping. They do need an hour of cool time before glazing and that was not included in the cook time.
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons reserved pineapple juice
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches, with shortening. Drain pineapple well, reserving 3 teaspoons juice for Pineapple Glaze. In medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour, the butter and 3 tablespoons powdered sugar with spoon until flour is moistened. Press in pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk until blended. Stir in pineapple and all remaining Bar ingredients. Spread over partially baked crust.
- Bake bars 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix all Pineapple Glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle glaze over bars. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.