Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
I absolutely love this pie! Everyone that's tasted it has loved this pie. I've made it more times than I can keep track of. I found the recipe at Epicurious several years ago and it quickly became a family favorite. We like it better chilled instead of at room temp.
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 2 cups roasted unsalted macadamia nuts
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter and vanilla in large bowl to blend.
- Fill pie crust with nuts. Pour sugar mixture over nuts in pie crust.
- Bake pie until center puffs slightly, about 55 minutes. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.).
- Cover and refrigerate. Let stand 2 hours at room temperature before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.