Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light. This pesto gets its richness from half-and-half. The result is a creamy mixture similar to an Alfredo sauce but with pesto-like flavor. Serve it with a tossed garden salad and a French bread baguette.
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons roasted macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, place basil and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine basil mixture and pasta in a large bowl, tossing to coat.