Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from America's Kitchen Cookbook. Adapted from The Four Season's Resort in Maui. These amazing breakfast muffins are so good they could pass as dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄3 cup whole macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 muffin tin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat until well blended. Add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the extracts. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and beat jut until combined. Add the cream and beat just until smooth. Fold in the chopped nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, dividing equally. Sprinkle each muffin with the whole nuts. Bake about 20 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the muffin centers come out clean.
- Remove to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.