Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another moist and flavorful muffin favorite. I have many macadamia nut recipes that I whip out at Christmas time. This one is a keeper.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray bottoms of 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, nuts, coconut, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, cardamom and salt. Make well in center; whisk in milk, oil and egg until just moistened. Spoon into muffin cups. (I like to sprinkle a little cinnamon & sugar on top before baking.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool in pan on wire.
- rack 10 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
Maybe I cooked the muffins a little bit too much. Next time I'll check them after 15 minutes. I really liked the taste of cardamom and the lemon peel. I think that these muffins taste like doughnuts. Really good. Thanks V :)
*Reviewed for Zaar World Tour 3* These were great muffins. Very simple to make and tasted fantastic. Loved the addition of the madadamias. Good for all year round, not just christmas!
These muffins were very easy to make and the cardamom flavor is really nice in them. Thanks for sharing. Made this for ZWT3.