Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the Four Seasons Hotel on Maui.
Make and share this Macadamia Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, whole
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 10 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Using electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar in large bowl to blend. Add 3 eggs and mix well. Beat in almond and vanilla extracts. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into medium bowl. Add to butter mixture and beat until combined. Add whipping cream and beat just until smooth. Fold in chopped macadamia nuts. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin with whole macadamia nuts.
- Bake until tester inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Great muffins !! Nice, moist, and delicious. We all enjoyed them for a nice breakfast treat this morning. Made for Zaar Stars.
Delicious and different muffins! I just adore macadamias! Thanks, lazyme! Made for ZWT5, Kitchen Witches! :)
Excellent! Made as directed except I didn't have any almond extract!! So substituted coconut extract. Still delicious. I have a new found muffin recipe. Made for ZWT5 as a member of the Dining Daredevils.