Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just like being in Hawaii, We had these at the Hale Koa in Oahu, maybe better!
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup Coco Lopez
- 1 egg
- In a medium bowl mix the first 4 ingredients minus the 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- In a chopper mix the nuts and 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- Add all but 1/4 of the nuts to the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl mix the milk, oil, coco lopez and egg.
- Add the egg mixture by hand to the flour, mix only until all dry ingredients are wet (do not over mix).
- Put mixture in greased muffin tins .
- Sprinkle the 1/4 nuts over the tops.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or golden brown.
These are tasty, easy muffins to make. The only change I will do in the future is to keep an eye on them while baking - mine got a little overbrowned. Thanks for sharing!